Here are some basic resources for new and experienced gardeners.
How Does Your Garden Grow?• Companion Planting
• Container gardening
• Cover crops
• Fall planting
• Organic Fertilizer & Pest Control
• Over Winterting
• Rain Barrels
• Soil Fertility & Plant Health
• Soil Testing for Lead
• Square Foot Gardening
• Starting a garden: community garden, school garden
• Starting Seeds
• Taming Tomatoes
• Urban beekeeping
• Urban chicken keeping
• Urban farming support (funding opportunities, trainings, etc.)
• The Urban Agriculture Movement -Why should I grow my own food?
Attend a Plant Providence workshop for hands-on food-growing education. You can also join the Providence Community Growers Network for free access to workshops, resources, and community events with other growers in the city!
Southside Community Land Trust | email@example.com | 109 Somerset Street | Providence, RI 02907 | 401-273-9419