Becoming a member of SCLT is a great way to support our work, and reap many benefits. As an SCLT member, you will receive the following benefits:
• Up to 50 gallons of screened organic compost (i.e. 10 white buckets or a garbage can) - available for a 1-time pick up in the spring 2016. All members are encouraged to pick up on Saturday, April 8 2017 from 11 am - 1pm at our URBAN AGRICULTURE SPRING KICK OFF event happening at 4 different locations. (Rain date is Sunday, April 9). Compost will be available for pick-up the weekend of the plant sale. However, due to space constraints for compost storage and delivery, compost distribution during the plant sale will be available while supplies last.
• Entrance into the members only preview hour of City Farm's Annual Plant Sale on May 20th from 9am to 10am (first dibs on all the perennials, annuals, and fruit and vegetable plant starts)
• A 10% discount on your purchase at the Annual Plant Sale on May 20-21, 2017
• Discounts on select goods and services from the following retailers: Briggs Nursery, Cluck!, Evergreen Tree & Landscape Service, Farmacy Herbs, Frey Florist & Greenhouses, Frog & Toad, The Good Earth Organic Gardening Center, Jephry Floral Studio, Kreatelier, Legend Bicycle, The Peaceable Kingdom, Stock Culinary Goods and WAM-LAND! (click here to see more details about our retail partners)
• Subscription to SCLT’s seasonal newsletter and monthly e-newsletters, chock full of growing tips and invitations to special Urban Agriculture events in and around Providence;
• Free or big discounts on other urban agriculture resources such as seeds, organic fertilizer, rain barrels, and more!
• Individual/Family - Suggested $50 (sliding scale $35-$75*)
• Pay what you can*
• Business/Institution - Suggested $125 (sliding scale $50-125*)
* A sliding scale allows all members to receive the same benefits, regardless of income.
• Baby Greens - $150
• Sweet Basil - $250
• Purple Plum - $500
• Red Hot Pepper - $1,000
• Sage - $2,500
• Heirloom - $5,000
You can also fill out a membership form and send it to our offices. Make checks payable to Southside Community Land Trust and send them to:
Southside Community Land Trust
109 Somerset Street
Providence, RI 02907
*Compost pick-up is 1 time per season per membership in the year of registration. Membership must be renewed prior to compost pick-up each spring. Your 2017 membership/compost benefits will carry over to spring 2017 only if you become a member after June 1, 2017.